General information regarding share transfers
A shareholder is entitled discount on their annual membership subscription. Requests to transfer shares may occur at any time throughout the year. However, since invoices are based on the criteria existing at 1st of January of the year of invoice, in order to secure the discount, the share must be in the name of the holder by that date. Thus, the request for a transfer must be received in WGC Office by the 30th of November of the preceding year. i.e. for A N Other to secure a shareholder discount for 2024, the completed request to transfer share(s) to A N Other must be received in the Office by 30th November 2023.
Procedure to Transfer Share(s)
- The current owner of the share(s) (the Transferor) must complete a STOCK TRANSFER FORM by entering the number of shares to be transferred, their FULL NAME & ADDRESS and also the FULL NAME & ADDRESS of the person to whom the share is being transferred. Transferor signs and dates the form in the places indicated.
- This form should then be given to Warrenpoint Golf Club Office together with the ORIGINAL SHARE CERTIFICATE *(see note below) in an envelope clearly marked SHARE TRANSFER REQUEST.
- Requests to transfer shares go to a meeting of the Directors and Registrars of Warrenpoint Golf Club Properties Limited for consideration and approval, which may take up to 12 weeks.
- When the new Share Certificate is issued, the office will apply the discount to the new owner’s next invoice, if applicable (i.e. if the new owner is a member). The new Certificate may be collected at Warrenpoint Golf Club Office, or posted to new owner.
Please feel free to call or email us with any queries.
* If the original Share Certificate cannot be provided then an Indemnity Form must also be completed and included with the original request.
Guidance for completing forms
If you need help completing the forms, the following links will provide guidance to assist you.
Guidance for Share transfer form
Guidance for Indemnity form